Sunday, June 04, 2006

Moroccan Mint Tea

The first night I was in Paris, I drank the best tea I've ever had. My friend and I were exhausted from the train trip from London, confused by the strange city, and very, very hungry. We stopped in a hole-in-the-wall Moroccan restaurant and were served mint tea in small copper cups and huge bowls of couscous and stew. Afterwards, I was obsessed with buying mint teas, spending on various fancy packages of dried "Moroccan Mint Tea", all of which tasted far more like the Sleepy Time tea my grandmother used to give me than what I'd had in France. It wasn't until I made the recipe below that I realized my error -- good mint tea is little more than fresh mint boiled in green tea.

Moroccan Mint Tea

4 tsp green gunpowder tea
8 stlks of fresh mint leaves
6 to 8 teaspoons sugar (to taste)
4 cups of water

1. Combine all of the ingredients above in a saucepan over medium-heat, and bring it to a boil.
2. Cover and turn the heat off.
3. Let sit for five minutes.
4. Strain and serve.

Serves 2-4

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home